When it comes To Christmas trees there is no such thing as to much bling. If you’re worried about achieving maximum sparkle-age on a itty bitty budget- have no fear, beach babes! This Christmas ornament DIY from our friends at Crème de la Craft is majorly wallet friendly and will leave your tree shining brighter than the disco ball.
• Glass ornament (I got a pack of 4 on sale at Michaels for $2!)
• CDs (choose ones that are silver underneath and not blue/purple. It takes about 1½ to make 1 ornament)
• Glue gun
• Cut CDs into various small shapes and sizes. It’s not the simplest material to cut through, but can be done with a decent pair of scissors.
• Glue a small dot onto the ornament and press a piece of mosaic on top with the shiny side facing up. Be sure to wipe away any remaining “spiderwebs” from the glue gun. I find it much easier to clean as you go then to wait until the end.
• Continue gluing until the entire ornament is covered. Tip: You can also place the ornament on top of a small cup to hold in place as you glue.
• Place some ribbon inside the ornament. Since you can see through the glass ornament, this will cover up the glue dots on the inside and the back side of the CD pieces. Tip: Use bright ribbon to add some extra color.
For some more Holiday DIY projects check out the L*Space Pinterest.